Accounting & Finance I Assignments (subject to change)
Google Meet/Youtube Videos
Youtube videos for Accounting 1 (These are to help with problems you may have, they are not required)
- https://www.youtube.com/user/MrsDePriestSHS/videos: This is the best one but uses an older book. However, the only differences are the company names and numbers. The process is the same.
Test Chapter 3
- Objective: Record accounting transactions in a general journal.
- DUE: OCTOBER 12
DUE: Recycling Problem 3
DUE: Chapter 3 Problems
Recycling Problem 3
DUE: Recycling Problem 2
Chapter 3: Record accounting transactions in a general journal.
- Learning Objectives After studying Chapter 3, in addition to defining key terms, you will be able to:
- LO1 Define what a journal is and explain why it is used to record transactions.
- LO2 Compare and contrast different types of source documents.
- LO3 Identify the four parts of a journal entry.
- LO4 Analyze and record cash transactions using source documents.
- LO5 Analyze and record transactions for buying and paying on account.
- LO6 Analyze and record transactions that affect owner’s equity.
- LO7 Analyze and record sales and receipt of cash on account.
- LO8 Prove and rule a journal.
- LO9 Demonstrate how to prove cash.
- LO10 Identify and correct errors using standard accounting practices.
- LO1 Show the relationship between the accounting equation and a T account.
- LO2 Identify the debit and credit side, the increase and decrease side, and the balance side of various accounts.
- LO3 Restate and apply the two rules that are associated with the increase side of an account.
- LO4 Restate and apply the four questions necessary to analyze transactions for starting a business into debit and credit parts.
- LO5 Analyze transactions for operating a business into debit and credit parts.Objective: Analyze how transactions affect the accounting equation
DUE: Chapter 2 Recycling Problem
Quiz: Accounting T
Q1 Pretest Chapter 4 Test
DUE Chapter 1
- Only submit Probelms M and C
Chapter 2 Recycling Problem
Chapter 1: Analyze how transactions affect the accounting equation
LEARNING OBJECTIVES After studying Chapter 1, in addition to defining key terms, you will be able to:
- LO1 Describe the different users of accounting information.
- LO2 Prepare a net worth statement and explain its purpose.
- LO3 Classify accounts as assets, liabilities, or owner’s equity and demonstrate their relationship in the accounting equation.
- LO4 Analyze the effects of transactions on the accounting equation.
- LO5 Distinguish between cash and on account transactions.
- LO6 Compare and contrast the types of transactions that increase and decrease owner’s equity.
- LO7 Explain the difference between expenses and liabilities.
- Study Guide
Accounting T notes for Quiz next week
- Syllabus: parents must reply to the email to firstname.lastname@example.org for verification of syllabus.
Student Syllabus Verification
- Complete in Google Classroom